Apart from JEE, students should remember that there are various entrance examinations at National Level as well as State Level. So, while preparing for JEE, always keep in mind that you are preparing yourself for a big advantage. I’m sharing with you some of the important entrance examinations which are eligible after your 10+2 Standard depending on your eligibility. These entrance exams happen every year.
1) BITSAT (Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admissions Test):
Every year BITSAT exam is conducted for admission to the Engineering Degree Courses at BITSAT – Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad. This entrance examination takes place through online, which means it is a computer based online examination.
· Eligibility: Candidates who have passed 10+2 or equivalent class from a recognized Central or State level education and must have secured a minimum of 75% in aggregate in the subjects of Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry (PCM). In addition, they must have secured a minimum of 60% in each subject separately. Board toppers can join directly without sitting for the entrance examination. Proficiency in English is a must.
· For more information on BITSAT, click this link: http://www.bitsadmission.com/
2) VITEEE (Vellore Institute of Technology conducts the Engineering Entrance Test):
This entrance examination is conducted for admission to students who have cleared the 12th Standard exam to its various B.Tech Degree courses for its two campuses - Chennai and Vellore.
· Eligibility: It is eligible for students who have passed 10+2 or equivalent class from a recognized Central or State level education board and obtained a minimum aggregate of 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics-PCM (50% for ST/SC and candidates from Northeast India and Jammu Kashmir).
· For more information on VITEEE, click this link: http://www.vit.ac.in/
Admission to courses of Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi or in short known as ‘IPU’ is conducted through Common Entrance Test (CET) for its various schools and centres. The university has around 50 courses of study - engineering, technology, business management, medicine, pharmacy, nursing, education, and law. JEE aspirant students can take part in CET for admissions to engineering and technology courses at University School of Engineering & Technology.
· Eligibility: Students who have passed 10+2 or equivalent class from a recognized Central or State level education board and obtained a minimum aggregate of 55% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM), provided the candidate has passed in each subject separately.
· For more information on IPU-CET, click this link: http://www.ipu.ac.in/
Manipal University conducts Online Entrance Test (OET) for various courses in engineering for admission to its affiliated institutes - Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal, Manipal University, Jaipur and Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology.
· Eligibility: Candidates must have cleared 10+2 or A Level or IB or American 12th grade or equivalent with a minimum of 50% in Physics, Mathematics and any one of the optional subjects is required. It should be Physics, Mathematics and English as compulsory subjects with optional subjects being Chemistry or Biotechnology or Biology.
· For more information on MU-OET, click this link: http://muoet.in/
SRM University conducts engineering entrance exam (SRMEEE) through which it offers admissions to its various courses like B.Tech, BArch, and M.Tech etc for its four campuses - Kattankulathur, Ramapuram, Ramapuram Part– Vadapalani and NCR Ghaziabad.
· Eligibility: Eligible for students who have passed 10+2 or equivalent class from a recognized Central or State level education board and obtained a minimum aggregate of 70% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM).
· For more information on SRMEEE, click this link: http://www.srmuniv.ac.in/