You hear a lot about living a healthy lifestyle, enough that the phrase 'healthy lifestyle' may be one we'd like to permanently retire. The problem is, that phrase describes the life we need to live if we want to feel good and look good. So, what does it actually mean? Well, there are the obvious things that describe a healthy person: He or she doesn't smoke, is at a healthy weight, eats healthy foods and exercises on a regular basis. It sounds so simple, it's funny just how hard it is to do all of those things in our current world.
The good news is, you don't have to change everything at the same time. In fact, the trick to healthy living is making small changes. Take more steps each day, adding fruit to your cereal, having an extra glass of water or saying no to that second helping of buttery mashed potatoes. So, what else can you be doing to live healthy? Your first order of business is to start exercising.
Our Daily Lifestyle
It is directed to all of us who are overweight, obese, and those who fail the test of fitness and well-being.The statistics show that about one-third of American adults and about 17% of American children and adolescents are obese.In England, nearly half the population of adult males are overweight and 17% classified as obese, whereas about one-third of women are overweight and 21% are obese.The stats might not be correct but they indeed truly say and show that there’s a problem.The problem is with something that everybody is doing.The problem is with our lifestyle.It’s not only America and England; the rest of the world is catching up and following the pattern. What is going on and why should we be alarmed?If we do not change our lifestyle, we will suffer and face doom.Obesity increases the chance of developing stroke, heart disease, certain types of cancer, and type 2 diabetes.Obesity is directly linked to unhealthy lifestyle. Of course, exceptions are obesity due to genetic factors and complicated medical conditions.
However, even those who’re not overweight or obese also live an unhealthy lifestyle; it’s just that we cannot make it by their appearance.A healthy lifestyle is one that leads the person towards being fit, active, with a feeling of well-being. Living a healthy lifestyle brings peace and happiness in life in some ways, directly or indirectly.
Healthy LifestyleYou might know what really makes up living a healthy lifestyle, but here’s a recap.What leads to an unhealthy lifestyle are – over eating, not exercising, taking excessive alcohol intake, smoking, and drug abuse.Even if you do any one of the above as a part of your lifestyle, you inch yourself towards the demons of life – diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, stroke, and cancer.Since this deadly progression happens gradually, one doesn’t sometimes see and feel the negative change going on within the body.This is one reason people laugh at and ignore the warnings.
Rules to Get A Healthy Lifestyle-
- Sleep. If you don't get enough sleep you end up being touchy and snappy. In order to establish a good rule of thumb for sleep is to go to bed whenever you're tired, and wake up at the same time each day (weekend or not!). This way, you will get the right amount of sleep! (As 8 hours is not for everyone)
- Take care of your body. If you eat right and exercise daily, you won't have to worry about your image, or how many calories are in the burger. You don't have to go cold turkey on fast food, but it shouldn't be your main source of food!
- Pay attention in class. You don't go to school to talk to your friends! Instead of wasting an hour at home on learning materials, just learn them in class where there is a teacher to help you! This way you won't feel like you have wasted all day in school.
- Friends. You should have at least one friend that goes to your school. If possible, you should create a close knit group of friends, so you don't have to worry about several different bodies. Instead, you can focus on the circle as a whole. While having a big group of friends can come with responsibilities on your behalf, it's still very beneficial to you. Not only to you get to see what people think of you through a constructive perspective, but you also have a shoulder to cry on during hard times.
- Girlfriend/Boyfriend. If your girlfriend/boyfriend treats you like crap, ditch them. They're not worth your time or your tears. Just because they look good doesn't mean they are good.
- Let it out. If your sister is bothering you, tell her. You don't have to say "Beth, you are such a mean so and so! Shut up!" Be sincere, because Beth will probably respond better to that. And, if they continue to do whatever bothers you, and if it's really getting on your nerves, just go to whoever is in charge and politely ask them if they would tell Beth to stop.
- Relax. Sometimes you just need a break. If things aren't going as you planned them, re-plan them. Go to a movie, or just sit on your bed and read. You don't always have to be moving, so put away some time to stop!
- Learn To Love (Or Just Ignore Them). If someone in school drives you crazy, try to avoid them. And if that isn't possible, tell them how you feel about them in a calm, polite voice, and ask them if they would please stop talking to you. Though this might invite some hostility at first, if you ignore them they will settle down eventually.
- Exercise. For most people, exercise is a great way to relieve stress. Exercising gives most people a natural high, or happy feeling. Also, you can always pretend that the punching bag is the thing you hate most!
- Accept yourself. If you can't accept the way you are, change it. Because if you are too worried about that extra fat, or your extremely long hair, your other worries will just start building up again. And if you can't change it, you will have to accept it, because that's who you are. And you really can't change it.
- Don't take things personally. Most of the time, people say things as a joke, and you have to learn to recognize that. And if they really mean it, remember that they probably aren't even worth your time. (and if it's someone you are close to who is just mad at you, they probably don't mean it either)
- Don't wait until the last opportunity. You will feel more relaxed if you don't have any problem or task in the back of your mind.